Empowering a generation
When you give a transformational gift with WE, you empower a generation with the opportunity to create a better future for themselves and their families. The impact of these transformational gifts will help shape the future of our WE Villages partner communities, helping them achieve what they never dreamed possible.
Support a child’s education with a scholarship to Kisaruni Secondary School
We invite you to invest in a child’s potential by providing a scholarship for all four years of their secondary school career
At a total cost of $12,000 CAD or a yearly installment of $3,000 CAD, this scholarship provides a child with a fully funded educational experience, and will cover items such as:
- Room and board
- Textbooks, school supplies and classroom resources
- Field trips and extracurricular opportunities
- Mentorship and counselling
- Leadership programming
- Teacher training
Youth from across the Maasai Mara who receive these scholarships are passionate about learning, determined to pursue higher education and committed to being a generation of children with the ability to lead change in their communities.
Stay connected to the impact of your investment. Throughout a young student’s high school career, you will receive updates, including: a student profile, quarterly school newsletters, special updates from campus and a unique opportunity to meet the student you’re supporting when you attend their graduation ceremony in Kenya.
Additional transformational gifts
- Build a classroom – $ 10,000
Build a classroom and provide children with the opportunity to attend school and attain an education. Education is critical, but almost 60 million primary school-aged children aren’t in school because communities lack the tools to build the spaces, and the staff and supplies to stock them. With your help, we can give children the opportunity to learn and gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to create a brighter future for themselves, their families and their communities.
- Scholarship endowment – $25,000
Do to the growth and success of the Kisaruni group of schools, and in order to sustain the program for years to come, an endowment fund has been created. Contribution to this endowment will support scholarships in perpetuity across all three of our Kisaruni campuses.
These scholarships will be given to deserving applicants and allow them to continue their journey through education.
- Sustainable development – $50,000
WE Villages empowers entire communities to lift themselves out of poverty by addressing the five primary causes with holistic and sustainable solutions that are tailored to each community’s needs.
It’s not a handout or a single solution, but a combination of key interventions that enable a community to help themselves.
Our local staff work with rural villages and regional governments to support, teach, and empower people within our five Pillars of Impact: Education, Water, Health, Food, and Opportunity.
- Patron Family for WE Day – $10,000
Become a valued supporter of our WE Day events and see how we motivate youth and their families to learn about and take action on the causes that matter. We’ve been empowering young people and their families to transform communities at home and around the world and WE Day is the celebration of all their hard work. We Day is a powerful, lifechanging experience that brings together world-renowned speakers and award-winning performers with tens of thousands of young people to celebrate their contributions and inspire future world changers.
- Empower a school – $10,000By investing in WE Empower Schools, you’ll be supporting a local school in your community with curriculum, educational resources and a full calendar of action campaign ideas. While the core learning remains the same, you have an opportunity to enhance the programming for both students and teachers. This is achieved through motivational speeches and mentorship, leadership training and camp scholarships, and international trip scholarships. Through WE Schools, students gain an understanding of the root causes of pressing issues like hunger, poverty and access to education, as they explore how they can make positive impacts. They also plan and carry out at least one local and one global action to improve their communities and the world.